Life Enrichment Director
StoryPoint of Chesterton
The Life Enrichment Director plans, organizes, coordinates, and completes life enrichment activities that are beneficial and complimentary to the social welfare and interests of the residents of a senior living community.
- Compassionate towards the senior population.
- An associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or training preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, and holiday hours.
- Proficient in general computer skills.
- Actively supports our culture: our pillars and 1440.
- The Life Enrichment Director is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the life enrichment department.
- Implement the 1440 Life Enrichment Standards and review with regional or functional leader on regular basis as determined by those team leaders.
- Works closely with Sales and Business Development to plan & promote prospect events for the community.
- Plan and perform regularly scheduled activities as outlined in the LE Standards.
- Create the monthly activity calendar and/or and submit to the portal no later than the 21st of the month.
- Utilize resident assessments to create innovative personalized programs that are engaging to residents.
- Completion of all tasks and functions maintaining a high level of resident safety.
- Maintain all areas for activities within the community in a safe and neat manner.
- The Life Enrichment Director maintains department expenses within budgeted parameters.
- Scheduling of all transportation utilizing the appropriate and safest mode for assistance.
- Present professional appearance/dress.
- The Life Enrichment Director collaborates with all internal teams and vendors to organize a variety of activities and events.
General Working Conditions
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.