StoryPoint of Rockford
Position Summary: The Café Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards
each customer. He or she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees
and teas and serving as a waitress or waiter in our Bistro Dining Room.
Required Experience for Café Barista:
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Previous industry and barista experience is preferred but not required.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership abilities, commitment to customer service, and strong organization and time management skills.
Primary Responsibilities for Café Barista:
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to company guidelines.
- Serves as a waiter/waitress for our bistro dining room.
- Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Participates in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Responds pro-actively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner
- The Café Barista answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, etc., in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards store operations
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, take out trash, etc.
- Maintains a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product knowledge
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Knowledgeable of the resident rights, and ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Present professional appearance by wearing approved uniform and name tag.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.