StoryPoint of Grove City
The Housekeeping Lead is responsible for the day-to-day personnel management of the cleaning staff. This is an on-site job combined with office time. The Housekeeping Lead has the overall responsibility for the organization of the day-to-day cleaning operation and requires some hands-on work, including filling in for cleaning staff when required.
Required Experience For Housekeeping Lead
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to train staff on company policies as well as on their job responsibilities.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Must have knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment, and tools, along with communication and teaching skills to impart this information to his/her employees.
- Ability to identify hazards and report to management.
- Ability to train and motivate staff to provide quality service.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to concisely follow client direction.
Primary Responsibilities for Housekeeping Lead
- Ensures all operational and safety procedures are properly followed.
- Establishes schedule and plan daily work assignments.
- Manages customer housekeeping problems; investigate complaints about cleaning service.
- Inspects and approve staff work performance.
- Ensures cleaning is done to contract specifications.
- Manages & orders inventories of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Maintains department budget and manage cleaning expenses and produce reports on expenditures.
- Provides training and coaching to both current and new employees and manage the number of hours employees work.
- Arranges maintenance and repair of cleaning equipment (i.e. vacuum cleaners).
- Undertakes necessary administration and paperwork.
- Produces official order forms for equipment, uniform, and materials.
- Investigates and maintains a working knowledge of developments in cleaning equipment and materials.
- As a Housekeeping Lead you are to work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
General Working Conditions
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.