StoryPoint of Troy
As a Maintenance Technician you will take on a rewarding position with an innovative company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility.
Required Experience for Maintenance Technician
- State Builder’s License and HVAC certification preferred; Valid driver’s license required (no restrictions).
- Basic computer skills are required
- Considerable knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to building and facilities maintenance and repair; Considerable knowledge of the tools and equipment associated with the building maintenance and construction trades; Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities; Ability to train staff on company policies as well as on their job responsibilities.
- As a Maintenance Technician you must be able to work well under pressure and enforce security/safety regulations.
- Very organized since this job entails maintaining schedules and records; excellent attention to detail and the ability to concisely follow client direction.
Primary Responsibilities for Maintenance Technician
- Supervises maintenance staff by determining workloads and schedules.
- Evaluates staff and makes hiring or termination recommendations; Manages and motivates his/her staff to provide quality service.
- Maintains established facilities in accordance with local and state building codes.
- Manages activities of all maintenance departments in terms of cost management, methods, and staffing. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Provides technical knowledge and skills for maintenance projects and assist when needed (self-perform); Prepares service estimates based on labor, material, and machine costs and maintain budgets for individual projects; Performs periodic reports including cycle time reports on work order completion rates.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures with President to develop departmental goals.
- Negotiates sub-contractor contracts and inspects a contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and operating procedures have been followed.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis and completes maintenance records for equipment; Recommends replacement of equipment whenever necessary and evaluates new equipment for its durability and value.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, and general public.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
General Working Conditions
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.