StoryPoint of Fort Wayne
Position Summary: The Restaurant Manager will ensure efficient restaurant operation and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room personnel to provide timely and courteous service to our residents and guest by performing the following duties.
Required Experience for Restaurant Manager:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fine dining experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply good judgment in understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintains a high energy level and is a self-motivator
- Carries incredibly high standards in their work
Primary Responsibilities for Restaurant Manager:
- Staffing responsibilities including: Interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and scheduling.
- Schedule dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus
- The Restaurant Manager handles and fixes all complaints to insure a great dining experience for residents and guests
- Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and inventories table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations
- Trains dining room employees in proper service etiquette.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer