The Property Administrator will perform and/or oversee all office activities of a residential/retirement community. Maintain an accurate reporting system of resident accounts and office processes within assigned timelines. Assist Executive Director with financial oversight of budget, department declining budgets, NOI, coverage ratio, cash flow, and loss to potential.
Required Experience for Property Administrator:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in property management.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups.
- Ability to effectively work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Accounting or financial experience preferred.
- Forecasting/projections experience preferred.
- Administrative experience required.
- Knowledge of Yardi.
- Some travel may be required.
Primary Responsibilities for Property Administrator:
- The Property Administrator assumes the Executive Director responsibilities when required.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Directly manages front office personnel.
- Function as Manager on Duty, taking a weekend rotation.
- Schedule front office personnel.
- Complete resident billing of monthly rental fees and other miscellaneous charges.
- Collect, process, deposit and record all income, and notify residents of non-payments.
- Perform month end closing procedure and ensure that reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the property file system on work orders, general correspondence, residents, employees, etc.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance with vendors/contractors.
- Provide quality, professional service to the residents.
- Enter lease renewals and move-in/move-out paperwork processing in Yardi.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash account.
- Process purchase invoices on a weekly basis.
- Manage budget control ledger.
- Payroll administration, including pay package, termination packages, and payroll transmittals.
- Maintain department expenses within budgeted parameters.
- Purchase and supervise the maintenance of all office and administrative supplies and equipment.
- Maintain vendor indemnification and code of conduct.
- Additional duties as assigned or needed
- Maintain a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity
- Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Senior Village Management.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
- Train front office personnel as necessary to cover Property Administrator responsibilities
- Responsible for pursuing receivables/collection of outstanding unpaid rents
- Implement and conduct structured receivables collection
- Conduct monthly general ledger review
- Collaborate with team to forecast operations with 98% accuracy 4 months out
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.