StoryPoint of Rockford
The Receptionist will provide efficient and courteous service to all residents and public. You will take on a rewarding position with an innovative company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. Oh, and we offer an excellent work environment, if we do say so ourselves. And we do.
**This position requires evening and weekend availability**
Required Experience for Receptionist:
- High School diploma; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Primary Responsibilities for Receptionist:
- Answer all telephone calls and properly transfer calls to the appropriate department.
- Daily resident check in.
- Answering routine telephone inquiries.
- Greet all residents and guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide 1440 experience to our senior residents!
- Distribute applications to prospective employees.
- Refer all prospective residents and families to the Leasing Team.
- Sort and deliver all mail, internal messages and packages to residents and staff.
- Knowledge of resident apartments, in-house facilities and local information.
- Reserve the private dining area for residents and guests.
- Collect work orders and information for the maintenance director.
- Know emergency call system and emergency procedure (fire, medical, and police).
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner following company policies and procedure.
- Work independently in a professional atmosphere.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all situations or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt action can be taken.
- Assist with accounting duties as assigned by Property Administrator.
- Dress in a professional manner and wear name tag.
- As a receptionist, always maintain a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.