Life Enrichment Assistant/Shuttle Driver
StoryPoint of Portage
**This postion is a Part-Time role**
The Life Enrichment Assistant/Shuttle Driver assists in planning and performing life enrichment activities that are beneficial and complimentary to the social welfare and interests of the residents of a senior living memory care community. This position will also provide transportation services for the senior residents in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner.
Required Experience for Life Enrichment Assistant/Shuttle Driver:
- Compassionate towards the senior population.
- One to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holiday hours.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration of team.
- Proficient in general computer skills.
- 3 years driving a shuttle, bus, or similar vehicle.
- Current CDL class C license with a P endorsement required; company will assist in completion of this endorsement
- Ability to be timely, patient, and accommodating; ability to maintain a bus schedule and is familiar with the local area.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Primary Responsibilities for Life Enrichment Assistant/Shuttle Driver:
- The Life Enrichment Assistant actively supports our culture – our pillars and 1440.
- Assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator/Director with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the activities department.
- Assist with planning and perform regularly scheduled activities and/or life skills activities.
- Assist in maintaining an acceptable level of inventory to perform all activities.
- Completion of all tasks and functions maintaining a high level of resident safety.
- Coordinate the posting of all activities.
- Maintain all areas for activities within the community in a safe and neat manner.
- Accompany residents on outings as assigned by Life Enrichment Coordinator/Director.
- May be required to assist residents getting on and off the bus, utilizing the appropriate and safest mode for assistance. This may include using a lift, ambulation and or physical transfer.
- Present professional appearance/dress.
- The Life Enrichment Assistant maintains a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.